Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default pneumatic compressor gas tightness question.

On 01/03/2021 19:46, Fredxx wrote:
On 01/03/2021 18:24, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
newshound writes
On 01/03/2021 14:18, Tim Lamb wrote:

Â*Don't insure with the NFU mutual is another answer:-)

I don't recall them having such a restriction on my house insurance.

I was mildly amused on shifting my car insurance to them that one of
their questions was "Would you ever carry more than 3000 shotgun
cartridges in your car".

I think somewhere there is a limit related to carrying ammunition in a
shoot vehicle.

I imagine it might be quite exciting if that quantity went off.

Not sure if Tim would be pleased but there are moves afoot to cease
using lead for shot.

I'm surprised its still in use. Certainly been banned for fishing for
quite a while.

What alternative, depleted uranium? I guess the Rolls Royce solution
will be Tungsten.

It is banned over wetlands, not sure how effectively. A recent survey
showed that virtually all pheasants sold contained lead shot.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-56158777

The only realistically affordable alternative is steel shot and that
does not have the same effective range.