Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default pneumatic compressor gas tightness question.

On 01/03/2021 16:46, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Yes, lots of dangerous stuff in the home. Remember CRTs? Now its more likely
a lithium battery burning the house down, or an exploding electrolytic
capacitor taking an eye out if you are working on an open PC.
Brian

IME CRTs don't go off very spectacularly. Long long ago my father sought
to make one safe (while I watched) by wrapping it in multiple layers of
blankets and sacking, then lobbing bricks at it from a distance. After a
number of failed attempts, the gun extension just snapped off with no
detectable "bang". (By the end of the war he was training people in how
to blow stuff up. He won't have done a "stored energy" sum and, on
thinking about it, there's not much stored energy even in an old-style
45 degree tube).