Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Not very hot DHW - Any ideas?

On 01/03/2021 11:45, GMM wrote:
On 28/02/2021 14:50, Peter Able wrote:
On 28/02/2021 14:42, GMM wrote:
My hot water tank has stopped getting properly hot.Â* The heating is
working fine, so it's unlikely to be a boiler issue.Â* The pump seems
OK and the thermostat ~seems~ to be operating fine (on the basis of a
click as you turn the knob).Â* There's no air in the circuit judging
by the bleed valve.Â* I'm tempted to replace the thermostat, just cos
I can, but I'm not convinced that's going to achieve anything.

Any (sensible) suggestions would be appreciated.

Standard open vented indirect tank and boiler with nothing fancy like
weather compensation etc. No recent issues.Â* DHW timer set to run
when the heating is off.

Cheers people

Can you feel hot water entering the DHW coil as and when it should?

PA

It feels hot but of course I haven't held onto the pipe for the full
time the boiler is running....

If your boiler is supplyng water at 80+ C then it wouldn't 'feel'
hot, it would be 'ouch, fkit' hot.
Can you check your 3way valve and make sure it is operating properly ?.