Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default OT

In message , Robin
writes
On 28/02/2021 20:01, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , tim...
writes

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
.. .
In message , tim...
* writes

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
On 27/02/2021 11:03, John Towill wrote:
Sad to say the scammers have won, they have made it incredibly
difficult* to operate a savings account on line, blast and damn them

The government are remarkably releuctant to issue Covid vaccine
passports* but have done nothing about the fact that for all
practical* purpose you* have to own a mobile phone as banks like
to use them to* verify who you* are.

doesn't need to be a smart phone though

my candy bar works perfectly well for such verification

Huh! Amazon 2 factor requires me to click a link:-(

last time I looked

Amazon wasn't a bank

Indeed. Same assumption that all customers have a smart phone
though.

While it's /possible/ that Amazon have it in for you I still have 2FA
by SMS and Amazon still state that's an option:

:-) I'm a cancel before prime locks in customer so I may be on a list of
some sort.
Anyway, I didn't agree 2FA. They already had my mobile number as part of
my contact details.

"You can receive this security code in a variety of ways depending on
the option you select during sign up, including text message, voice
call, or authenticator app."

Text is fine.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cus...deId=202013290

Allegedly you can turn off 2FA without contacting them - though that
requires you to authenticate by...

There are lots of alternative sources for Amazon stuff and I am not
hugely supportive of their business model WRT taxation in the profit
earning country.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cus...deId=202040210

Phone call to support sounds easier:-)

--