Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Karcher WD2 Motor disassembly

On 27/02/2021 20:12, Mal.A.Justead wrote:
Any Karcher owners here?

I have a noisy bearing and want to get in to oil it.

I took the armature from the motor along with the suction fan assembly.

I can remove the nut and loosen the top impeller but I cant see how to
remove it as the cowl seems to be bonded to the plastic base.

Has anyone any experience? I think the WD3 is the same motor.

thanks

mal

What sort of bearing, what sort of noise? If it is squeaking from a
bronze bush, then oil may sort it. Grinding noises from a rolling
element bearing means it is time for a new bearing (at least).

(I did look on-line for drawings, but with no success).