Posted to uk.d-i-y
GMM[_4_] GMM[_4_] is offline

Default Not very hot DHW - Any ideas?

On 28/02/2021 15:07, Tricky Dicky wrote:
On Sunday, 28 February 2021 at 14:50:08 UTC, Peter Able wrote:
On 28/02/2021 14:42, GMM wrote:
My hot water tank has stopped getting properly hot. The heating is
working fine, so it's unlikely to be a boiler issue. The pump seems OK
and the thermostat ~seems~ to be operating fine (on the basis of a click
as you turn the knob). There's no air in the circuit judging by the
bleed valve. I'm tempted to replace the thermostat, just cos I can, but
I'm not convinced that's going to achieve anything.

Any (sensible) suggestions would be appreciated.

Standard open vented indirect tank and boiler with nothing fancy like
weather compensation etc. No recent issues. DHW timer set to run when
the heating is off.

Cheers people

Can you feel hot water entering the DHW coil as and when it should?

PA

Faulty valve or diverter

Richard

They seem to b operating OK in terms of opening/closing when given a
signal...