Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Abandoned_Trolley Abandoned_Trolley is offline

Default easy way to calibrate audio frequency generator?

On 28/02/2021 21:27, Tinkerer wrote:
I have a Heathkit ET-3100 electronic design experimenter that has a very
basic sine/ square wave function generator.Â* Controls all analog and no
scale really.Â* Output is from 200 Hz - 2 Khz on "low" and 2 Khz to 20
Khz on "high".Â* Exact frequency depends on where the pot is adjusted.
How can I calibrate this to be more precise, preferably in a simple way?

One of those cheap digital guitar tuners things might point you in the
right direction ? (everybody knows somebody who plays the guitar)

I believe there are smartphone apps which display the frequency of the
signal coming in to the microphone - whilst recording it. Theres one (of
many) examples at https://audio-frequency-counter.soft112.com

Or if you know anybody with Cubase (or similar) recording software you
could get them to fire up the built in digital tuner tool and see it in
glorious technicolor

AT