Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Texas power

Ralph Mowery writes:
In article ,
says...

Bear in mind this was only one company offering a very speculative
pricing scheme tied to the wholesale price of power with no caps on
the top or bottom number. Nobody complained when they were getting
electricity for half price or less.
There were plenty of normal options for these people.
If you really want to play this game, give them an account number with
limited funds in it and fight with them before you pay, not after the
fact. The guy who gave them access to his life savings was a moron.

I lerned a long time ago not to play the game of ups and downs of things
you almost have to buy or get on credit. Things usually only go up.
That came from the variatable rate morgages of around 1980. It was high
at around 8% for a standard fixed 30 year morgage when I bought a house.
Some people I worked with had rates near that but variatable. Those
rates went way up during that period of time.

On the other hand, those who got variable rates in 1992 when they
were starting at 9.25%, made out quite well as they quickly dropped
to 7 and later 5%.