Posted to alt.home.repair
dan dan is offline

Default Troy-Bilt TB146 EC cultivator gas tank hoses

On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 20:33:22 -0200, dan wrote:

Same with shoving that black plastic connector on the end of the smaller OD
hose (although I'm not sure what that black connector that I found inside
the gas tank does except prevent that smaller hose from pulling out of the
tank from the outside).

This video shows an inside view of the gas tank where the green return line
doesn't have anything on the end of it as it just sticks into the tank about
a half inch so I'm not sure what that black plastic connector was doing
inside the gas tank now.
https://youtu.be/PaSJyWfapDQ?t=77

He has a green return and a yellow feed hose exactly like I did with the
green hose being in the gas tank hole closest to the engine.

He fed the hoses from the INSIDE of the tank outward using a wire trick
https://youtu.be/PaSJyWfapDQ?t=335

He drilled a small hole in the hose to allow the hose to collapse a bit when
feeding the hose through the hole in the tank with a 19 gauge steel wire
hooked into the hole to pull the hose through from the inside with the wire.
https://youtu.be/PaSJyWfapDQ?t=179

His was a "purge bulb" and not a "primer bulb" which he explains here
https://youtu.be/PaSJyWfapDQ?t=400