Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Texas power

On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 16:07:58 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

A few years ago Texas was talking about leaving the US. Maybe we should
have let them. They wanted their own power grid to stay away from the
Federal regulations.

Now I don't really understand all the ins and outs of this, but seems
they can not keep the lights on with out a big money problem with a week
of ice.

How can there be an electric charge of one weeks of power that exceeds
abot 3 times what it should be for a year ?

I don't know who will be left holding the bag for this situation.

Bloomberg) -- The largest power generation and transmission cooperative
in Texas filed for bankruptcy in the wake of power outages that caused
an energy crisis during the winter freeze last month.

Brazos Electric Power Cooperative filed for Chapter 11 in Texas after
racking up an estimated $2.1 billion in charges over seven days of the
freeze. Last year, it cost cooperative members $774 million for power
for all of 2020.

An emplyee in a 2019 review stated
"Will pay better than any other job in the area. If you can get a job
here the likely hood that you will be laid off is very low. You will
get many hours, especially during outages."

Another:
"The Jack county plant is not the best place to work. There are so
many people quitting due to poor management and employee will be
forced to work you will have no personal life and management does not
care at all. As long as current management is there People should be
very cautious when applying and ask questions About why so many
employees have left the jack county plant in the past 2 years."

and another:
"Jack County plant is struggling to keep people they are leaving
faster than they can hire them. There has been tons of turnover over
the last few years. People are tired and wore out. Management doesn't
seem to worry very much about losing experience or multiple people at
a time. They just work the employees that are left pretty much every
day. The pay is OK and benefits aren't too bad either. But if you have
a family think twice before accepting a job here. You will not get
time with your family and it will eventually harm your relationships.
Stay single and make lots of money."

and:
" This place has gone down hill in the last 2 years. We use to have
people that were very experienced, but management has managed to drive
them away. Everyone tells you go talk to management if you have a
problem like you should. But when you do you are painted as a trouble
maker. There is no reward for doing anything out there. There is no
consideration of what you have going on in your life. Like many people
have said on here if have a family stay away. At least till Waco can
wake up and see that management and a certain person in waco is the
cause of all this drama."

No wonder they went bust - - - -