Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery[_3_] Ralph Mowery[_3_] is offline

Default Texas power

A few years ago Texas was talking about leaving the US. Maybe we should
have let them. They wanted their own power grid to stay away from the
Federal regulations.

Now I don't really understand all the ins and outs of this, but seems
they can not keep the lights on with out a big money problem with a week
of ice.

How can there be an electric charge of one weeks of power that exceeds
abot 3 times what it should be for a year ?

I don't know who will be left holding the bag for this situation.

Bloomberg) -- The largest power generation and transmission cooperative
in Texas filed for bankruptcy in the wake of power outages that caused
an energy crisis during the winter freeze last month.

Brazos Electric Power Cooperative filed for Chapter 11 in Texas after
racking up an estimated $2.1 billion in charges over seven days of the
freeze. Last year, it cost cooperative members $774 million for power
for all of 2020.