Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Surge Protection Devices

Well somewhere in my system are some little gadgets RS used to sell as surge
protectors.They are supposed to put a shor on the line if the mains rises to
a certain peak. As yet one has never blown any circuit breakers. Now that
could be because its totally useless, I have no way to know!

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Michael Chare" wrote in message
Does anyone have any recommedations for Surge Protection Devices which are
suitable for use where they can't be fitted in a modern consumer unit?

How useful are SPDs where all the local wiring is under ground, but some
of the 11KV upstream of the local transformer is overhead?

I was surprised to discover that they are fitted in parallel with a
consumer rather before and in series.

--
Michael Chare