Posted to alt.home.repair

Default why frozen gas

On 2/27/2021 6:03 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , says...

The bills are coming from Griddy. From what I read, they are not the
typical utility company but a wholesale middleman. You sign up, pay a
monthly membership fee, then you get to buy electric at the wholesale
price and save money. sure, it may fluctuate, but look at the savings
today. There was no cap.

Griddy even told people to switch to another supplier but there was not
enough time to get them switched. It was the Griddy suppliers that
increased price and they just passed it on.

I don't know about some areas of the country, but I think that where I
live the power company (Duke Enegery) charges are set by the government
and they have to ask the state for permission to raise the rate.

Most areas of the country are similar but Texas opted to make their own
grid to escape regulations. In CT we could choose a supplier but they
all had fixed rates in a narrow range.

Texas has a bunch of suppliers too, some cheap. Just look at the number
of choices
https://tinyurl.com/55h27ah6