Rufus T. Frazier

Default Thru-the-wall vs. window A/C

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 12:39:55 GMT, rs wrote:

Rufus T. Frazier wrote:

Check out
http://www.fedders.com/catalog/appli...ac/eqk_ttw.htm

Hi thanks for the link. Funny enough, my local wholesale store clerk
told me that "no one" carries this model anymore. Of course I could
always order it for an extra $95, but I balk at that. What if I need to
return it, etc.

Now I'm down to these models:
- Frigidaire, about $440 (rotary controls, but I'm told "it's a good brand")
- Sears (electronic controls, but their window units are infamous for
being noisy)
- A Panasonic window unit

One funny thing that I noticed was that there are very few reviews of
TTW models out there. Consumer Reports hasn't tested any, and on the
internet (google,epinions,etc.) I found virtually nothing.

Any thoughts on Sears or Frigidaire?

I think the Sears units are made by someone else. Yes, they appear to
be noisy. Just stay away from GE, I bought one and can't recommend
them. . Anyway, here's the link I was originally looking for. You may
not be able to order from them but they have mucho information.

http://www.genieac.com/index.html