Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Preventing Floor Damage Due to Refrigerator

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 27 Feb 2021 14:45:03 +0000, LJ Fugate
wrote:

Exactly I’ve had both to leak they were top of line appliances
Having to refinish floors now bc the dishwasher leaked all night and flooded the kitchen floors buckled

I hate to pile on, but that's why it was always a bad idea to put a
hardwood floor in a kitchen, at least since linoleum was invented.

I said so years ago when I first read about it.

Maybe in up to the 1800's when there was no choice, but I think then the
floors might have had cracks that would drain the water through, so it
didn't soak the wood so much, or the boards were thicker and much less
likely to warp.

Ceramic tile is also a bad idea because it increases the odds that a
dropped glass or china item will break.