Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default Chimney Bricks flaking

On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 05:19:15 -0000 (UTC), jon wrote:

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 21:03:26 +0000, AnthonyL wrote:

What is happening to my chimney stack bricks and why?

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmUwRSEW

It is a non-working chimney though I don't know if that has always been
the case.

How do I fix it?

Light a fire and dry out the bricks.

No firepace - but the chimney isn't capped - so getting damp from the
inside, paint flaking, water getting behind the paint, cold weather,
freezing, winds, aerial vibration. Is that fitting the picture?

Most of the similar properties are not painted at all, the whole of
ours is.

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?