Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tinkerer[_5_] Tinkerer[_5_] is offline

Default homemade or low cost circuit board/ battery box shield?

On 2/26/21 1:33 PM, Peter W. wrote:
Do you know any way
i could tell if the kapton I have is anti-static?

Try rubbing some on a bit of wool in a dry (not humid) room and see if it sticks to anything.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Well, that certainly was a good test. The only wool I own this time of
year is a pair of Minus 33 wool thermals that I am wearing as I write.
I folded over the tape so the sticky side wouldn't interfere and rubbed
it on the pants. Took a few tries, but the tape finally did stick to
the wall. So that definitely answers the question and I won't be using
it. Thanks for this tip!