Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default PHE says no flu at all

In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
Plus the long term effects. Already I see there's a "long covid" being
discussed.

I don't personally know of many who've had Covid. But two I do know have
had long lasting after effects - even although they weren't hospitalised.
Both in their 50s. One appears to be possibly serious - damage to heart
and kidneys.

I had a rather sobering chat with a former neighbour the other day.
(fit, early 50's). She said that she and her husband got it last year,
and they probably passed it onto her mum. Hubby recovered ok, but her
mum died, and unknown to her at the time, she suffered quite serious
cardiac damage. That only manifested when one day she went into cardiac
arrest without any warning! Fortunately she was one of the very few to
survive that outside of hospital, because she was with her husband when
it happened, and he knew how to do effective CPR, worked out what was
going on quickly enough, and was able to keep her alive until the
ambulance got there.

--
Cheers,

John.