Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default OT: Rolls Royce on track to deliver SMR

On 26/02/2021 16:29, newshound wrote:

The point about safety in a quality controlled environement is that
every incident that us not in accordance with regulations is noted, and
its implications are considered. The procedures or parts are modified
and tested.

Rolls Royce is the best possible company to be doing this - they have a
track record in small PWRs from submarines. They have a track record in
power generations from OCGT and CCGT adaptations of aero engines,. They
also have the total quality approach in place for the jet engine
program. And they have manufacturing capable of high quality mass
production.

+1. They are also heavily involved in the clever C&I stuff in civil
nuclear plant.

At the moment SMRs are being talked about all over the place. When it
shakes down to two or three serious lines RR should be up there with the
best. And I guess we might see some interesting licensing deals.