Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] angelica...@yahoo.com is offline

Default why frozen gas

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 12:43:11 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/26/2021 10:58 AM, wrote:

I agree it was a serious lack of planning for weather events but we
have a long history of that. The North East may be among the worst.
They won't even clear cut around the power lines so any no name storm,
even an ice storm, wipes out power for tens of thousands. My ex lives
less than 10 miles from the beltway and she had a generator long
before I did. She ends up using it at least once a year. I have used
mine once in 15 years.
We actually have real storms here, not like "almost a storm Sandy"
that wiped NY/NJ out because they don't have a wind code and have
ignored FEMA since before the FIRM was established..

We had a bad storm in CT some years back and the power company became
much more aggressive cutting trees

The same people that complained about the lack of power in the storm
were protesting the cutting of the trees.

That is the problem. FPL just came down my street and cut every tree
that was on or leaning into the right of way. That is 24 feet from the
edge of the road. When I drove around Virginia and Maryland a couple
years ago I saw power lines going through tunnels cut in the trees.

Used to be the utility would come through everybody's yard and cut a big L
out of the trees near the power lines.

The Michigan Public Service Commission finally made them do a proper
job. The took out the two white pines that some previous owner of my
house stupidly planted right under the power lines, plus a few other trees.

Cindy Hamilton