Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Working at heights - regulations

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 26/02/2021 11:15, Chris B wrote:
This is going on in the street opposite me at the moment.

I'm pretty sure that the firm I used to work for would have frowned on
this as a working practice. Does anyone have any comments on safety
precautions. Should they be wearing hard hats? ;-)

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?c...uVtbwEKFkfsLn7

They probably used to call those ladder "cripples" for a reason!

AIUI you can still use such things, but they must have guard rails. e.g

https://www.laddersukdirect.co.uk/pl...drail/vprokits

Also not clear from the photo if what they are standing on is actually
platform or just another ladder.

Looks like another ladder to me with all those rung holes.