Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Springstein fined $500

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 07:24:24 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 1:20:22 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 06:38:33 -0800 (PST), Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 7:42:09 AM UTC-6, Snag wrote:
On 2/24/2021 3:44 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9295487/Judge-dismisses-DWI-reckless-driving-charges-against-Bruce-Springsteen-November-arrest.html
His BAC was .02.
The highest ever recorded is supposedly .
.77.
https://www.foxbangor.com/tmz/oregon-man-records-77-bac-during-dui-arrest-reportedly-highest-ever/

Why the charges for such a low BAC ? Here in Arkansas the limit is
.08% , any lower they just warn you ... and suggest you might want to
switch drivers if another is with you and "sober" . But you're not going
to be hauled in for blowing a .02% .
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.

That is just another law written for lawyers. If they can't make the
DUI stick, the lawyer can file a motion and get your license back.
Most DUI lawyers will tell you to refuse the test if there is any
chance you will fail. Some just say always refuse.

Must be a really stupid lawyer recommending that people who know
they haven't been drinking or only had one drink, should refuse the test.
Either that or they want business fighting to try to get dumb people's
licenses back that they lost when they didn't have to.

Did you miss the "if there is any chance you will fail" part?

The guy who told me that is now a Maryland State Senator (Mike Miller)
also a neighbor when I lived in Maryland. He used to be the go to guy
for bikers busted for drugs or DUI. He was very good at getting people
off and I trusted his advice.
The reason you might always refuse is if you know the cop is going to
bust you anyway ... like Bruce.
I don't particularly like Springsteen, musically, politically or just
his personality but I think he got a raw deal.