Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jonathan Jonathan is offline

Default Humax remote stopped working

On Friday, February 26, 2021 at 8:40:55 AM UTC, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , Jimmy Stewart ...
writes
On 25/02/2021 20:10, GB wrote:
The Humax remote stopped working, and I was just about to throw it
away and buy another when I thought I would google the problem. Who
would have thought that you can reboot a remote control?
Maybe, you guys all knew that, but it surprised me.

with my freesat Humax I always think my remote is broken until I notice
it has to be on the right setting to work the unit and not the tv
etc....

Yes - and easy trap for the unwary!

I've got a couple of RCs that no longer work at all, and also a couple
where only some of the buttons work.

One way of finding out if an RC is actually transmitting a signal is to
hold it close to a radio with a ferrite rod aerial, and tuned to a quiet
spot on the long wave. If the RC is transmitting, you will hear a
'burpity-burp' noise when you press the a button.
--
Ian

Look at through a smart phone camera and you can see the signal on the screen.

Jonathan