Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PHE says no flu at all

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
On 25/02/2021 22:31, Fredxx wrote:

Hence why excess deaths also became a useful indicator for the spread of
Covid.

Surely excess deaths to measure of covid deaths is only meaningful if
the rest of the NHS was working the same way as in previous years? If
there is a much reduced healthcare for other conditions the figure could
be expected to rise accordingly.

And that is the point. There is plenty evidence some have died due to the
effect of Covid on the NHS, etc, but not from Covid itself. But it is
still Covid responsible for that death, if it has slowed down treating,
etc.

--
*I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I just can't put it down.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.