Posted to alt.home.repair

Default American Reacts to When Britain Nuked America..... Twice!

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 07:10:57 +0000, Bod wrote:

On 26/02/2021 06:21, wrote:
On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 06:02:52 +0000, Bod wrote:

On 25/02/2021 21:25,
wrote:
On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 19:25:28 +0000, Bod wrote:

It was an exercise of course, to test the US defences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Q_B-yaJrU

Did many of you know about this?

Our defence (see what I did there?) seems to be "We can take a punch,
then we will turn your country into smoking radioactive rubble. After
that we will nuke the rubble, just to be sure".
We don't have 15,000 war heads for nothing.

You sound like a little kid talking big. The whole exercise was to test
the USs defence against a possible Russian attack during the cold war.
We are allies, remember. It was for the greater good, not who was the
toughest etc.

Unfortunately that is our defense strategy. Otherwise we would not
only have the most conventional weapons, we have the most nuclear ones
too with excellent ways to deliver both of them.
We just get screwed when an Asymmetric Warfare group attacks us with
no actual target to retaliate against so we just go blow up some
unrelated (Iraq) or tangentially connected country. (Afghanistan).

You missed the point completely. We were asked by the US to test your
defences, we did and we beat it....twice. You should be thankful that we
found flaws so you could repair that flaw for your country's safety.
The point was, if we could do it so could the Russians.
Instead of thanking us you immediately replied with how you could
obliterate us.
That is unfriendly and very unhelpful.

Perhaps you never heard of Mutually Assured Destruction. That is
basically our whole defense plan. Everyone but Reagan understood there
is really no 100% way of stopping a modern power from delivering a
percentage of their firepower. This exercise just demonstrated that.

When you think of it, Star Wars didn't even work in the movie. They
found a hole and dropped the bomb in it.

This wasn't a slam on the UK, simply a dose of reality.