Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Working at heights - regulations

On 26/02/2021 11:15, Chris B wrote:
This is going on in the street opposite me at the moment.

I'm pretty sure that the firm I used to work for would have frowned on
this as a working practice.Â* Does anyone have any comments on safety
precautions.Â* Should they be wearing hard hats?Â* ;-)

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?c...uVtbwEKFkfsLn7

They probably used to call those ladder "cripples" for a reason!

AIUI you can still use such things, but they must have guard rails. e.g

https://www.laddersukdirect.co.uk/pl...drail/vprokits

Also not clear from the photo if what they are standing on is actually
platform or just another ladder.

--
Cheers,

John.