Default Commercial range in residence, and other appliances

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 00:58:43 GMT, someone wrote:

Now I'm leaning toward a commercial gas-only unit, which should save me a
few thousand, but I've been told that the requirements for a commercial unit
installation are quite different from a unit designed for home use....

We own four restaurants. We would never put such a big expensive
thing in our house as a true restaurant stove or grill, although we do
have a somewhat commercial-looking home kitchen (stainless appliances,
with restaurant type tile floors).

You didn't ask, so I'm not presuming to tell you that you shouldn't,
but it will sure be an expensive hobby. In addition to purchase
price, hoods, maybe fire suppression, gas supply, there is also
operating cost. These units are intended for high load long cycle use
(cooking many meals all night long). It sure must be expensive per
plate to fire them up for one family's meal! Also, there is an added
HVAC operating cost which is related to cooling (or heating) all the
makeup air that is needed to replace the high air volumes that need to
be blown out the exhaust to keep the stove area cool and the products
of combustion removed.

Whatever floats your boat, as long as you don't mind paying.

-v.