Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Humax remote stopped working

I notice that a remote I have has a header inside it, and apparently it can
be made to be used on several different models by connecting it to a
computer and changing the software. I'm not surprised in the slightest, but
normally the failure mode is more basic, silly rubber conductive gunk
blocking the buttons operation, or shorting it out, Just get a simple
light detector and see if the led is pulsing, assuming it has not also got a
visible one of course.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
On 25 Feb 2021 at 20:10:32 GMT, "GB" wrote:

The Humax remote stopped working, and I was just about to throw it away
and buy another when I thought I would google the problem. Who would have
thought that you can reboot a remote control?

Maybe, you guys all knew that, but it surprised me.

It doesn't totally surprise me, but it's a bit sad. It should be possible
make a remote control without any operating system complex enough to lock
up. What is the name for a system all of whose possible states are
defined? That
is surely a reasonable ambition for a remote control?

--
Roger Hayter