Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default PHE says no flu at all

On 25 Feb 2021 at 19:38:20 GMT, "alan_m" wrote:

On 25/02/2021 14:33, Jethro_uk wrote:

The most persuasive argument is that the chance for people to spread flu
by dragging their sickbed into their workplace has gone. Proof that a
slightly more generous approach to sick pay could have a dramatic
beneficial effect on public health generally. Not that any amount of
proof can challenge the dogma that you must work till you die.

I worked for a company that offered 6 months full pay for sickness and
that didn't stop the spread colds and flu around the office/factory -
possibly because it is already passed on before full symptoms appear.

12 months full pay at a place I worked. Didn't stop people coming in and
spreading whatever they had in our open offices.

It was the sort of job (college teacher) where the work generated by being off
sick made it not straightforward. I had 3 colds 19/20 xmas.

--
Cheers, Rob