Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Humax remote stopped working

On 25 Feb 2021 at 20:10:32 GMT, "GB" wrote:

The Humax remote stopped working, and I was just about to throw it away
and buy another when I thought I would google the problem. Who would
have thought that you can reboot a remote control?

Maybe, you guys all knew that, but it surprised me.

It doesn't totally surprise me, but it's a bit sad. It should be possible to
make a remote control without any operating system complex enough to lock up.
What is the name for a system all of whose possible states are defined? That
is surely a reasonable ambition for a remote control?

--
Roger Hayter