Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Not that anybody is interested...

On 25/02/2021 20:00, ARW wrote:
On 24/02/2021 23:16, R D S wrote:
On 24/02/2021 11:57, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
BTWÂ*Â* they no longer hand you your prescription before you leave any
longer...I suppose this is to try and stop you wandering off to the
cheap suppliers...I suppose they are legally bound to give you it if
you ask ?

Unless something has changed and i've missed it they are legally
obliged to give it to you whether you ask or not.

Is it a fight in the car park if they refuse to accept it:-)

I would hope it doesn't come to that. This document is interesting:

https://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-conten...ontract-v6.pdf

"Where a Contractor or an ophthalmic practitioner employed or engaged by
it to perform the Contract issues to a patient a prescription for an
optical appliance, it shall, immediately thereafter, require the patient
to acknowledge its receipt on a sight test form."

But utlimately it will be NHS England, or appropriate jurisdiction.