Jeff Guay

Default Commercial range in residence, and other appliances

We redid the kitchen in our last house and put in the thermador 36" gas and
gas with a griddle. A big reason these cost so much is that they are "zero
clearance", meaning that cabinets can touch the range. A true commercial
range in a commercial kitchen needs separation from other things. You will
need a commercial style hood. We went with a 40" Thermador hood and had the
blower mounted on the roof, much quieter.
Actually we moved into a new house that the range won't fit into and the
people buying our old house do not want to pay extra for the stove so I need
a palace for it. Where are you located I'd give you a hell of a deal.
Jeff
"Jon Endres, PE" wrote in message
. net...
We are trying to pick out a range for the kitchen of our new home so that

we
can design the kitchen around it. We have been looking at the Thermador

and
DCS line of 36" dual-fuel ranges, but balk at spending nearly seven

thousand
dollars on it with the options we'd like.

Now I'm leaning toward a commercial gas-only unit, which should save me a
few thousand, but I've been told that the requirements for a commercial

unit
installation are quite different from a unit designed for home use. What
are they, has anyone done it, and does it void the warranty? I have

plenty
of experience *using* commercial-grade appliances, but zero experience in
installation and building/code requirements.

I suppose I should be asking this question relative to the other

appliances
we would like to have in-kitchen - namely, all commercial products.
Specifically, a fast-cycle commercial dishwasher, under-counter
installation, and a remote compressor refrigerator/freezer unit. The

house
is in the planning stages now, and we are concentrating our design of the
main floor around the kitchen. The cabinets will all be full custom to
accommodate our current and anticipated future cookware and dishes, and we
are gadget freaks as well. So, it is only fitting that we pick out the
appliances first and design the remainder of the kitchen around them. Any
suggestions, folks that have commercial units in your house, what do you
like?

JonE