Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A lamp blew and then...

On 25/02/2021 12:36, Steve Walker wrote:
Got a funny. Dimmers are V-Pro. The sort where you can change from
leading
to trailing edge and set a minimum and maximum level. Out of the box, the
one driving the single central pendant, which is an Osram 10w 100mm LED
globe type, at switch on at full is fine. But after a few minutes chops
down to a lower level, then chops back up. And continues to do this. Like
over current protection was cutting in.

I don't know what is in those dimmers, but I have a (fixed output)
supply to LED downlighters in the bathroom. The set is well inside its
power output range, but flashes on and off, unless there is one halogen
bulb fitted.

I have tried a number of different units, but they all behave the same.

Oddly, the first one that I fitted was fine - for about 18 months, then
started doing this!

Got the same issue. need to replace dimmers

--
In a Time of Universal Deceit, Telling the Truth Is a Revolutionary Act.

- George Orwell