Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default same

In article ,
Chris Green wrote:
Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
is Paxolin the same as bakerlight ? ...

No, not if my memory serves me right.

Paxolin is the sort of stuff that tag boards and early printed circuit
boards were made of. I.e. it's brown and sort of laminated.

I think it is made from layer of paper.

Bakolite is an early plastic that was used to make moulded items like
plugs etc. It's often dark brown but doesn't have to be, it's quite
hard and doesn't melt, it chars if you make it very hot and smells.

It's also very brittle. Would say not suitable for a PCB etc. Best quality
ones of those these days are glass fibre.

--
*The more I learn about women, the more I love my car

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.