Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Not that anybody is interested...

On 24/02/2021 21:13, alan_m wrote:
On 24/02/2021 11:57, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Further to my close up eyesight getting better recently known as
"second sight"......I'm just back from the Optician and all is Ok
...no diabetic changes.... pressure OK ....blood supply to rear of eye
OK ....cataracts not getting any worse....slight change in my
prescription.....BTWÂ*Â* they no longer hand you your prescription
before you leave any longer...I suppose this is to try and stop you
wandering off to the cheap suppliers...I suppose they are legally
bound to give you it if you ask ? ......

Yes they are meant to give you the results.
I usually buy a very cheap pair of glasses to keep in the car for
emergency use. I once had the screw fall out of my glasses frame
followed by the lens dropping out whilst driving and the spare pair
allowed me to carry on with my journey.

Some countries require you to carry a spare pair when driving.

I am due an eye test soon, but up to now, although my long sight has
never been good and short is deteriorating, I've always fallen on the
legal to drive without glasses side - although I frequently have a spare
pair in the car anyway.