Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Extractor Fan Replacement - 100mm to 150mm

Well leave home owners club and use a proper news client as it will make
life far less stressful in the long run. Anyway, apart from noise or voltage
differences a larger fan should simply move more air, so as long as you can
get it in in a tidy way, I'd say go for it, you might also have a look and
see why the old one actually failed. it might be just seized up after all.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Polskasweetie" wrote in
message roupdirect.com...
Hello all, and i do apologise in advance if this has been asked before,
but have no reliable people to turn to here for this.

Currently have an Airflow Loovent Eco 100mm extractor fan in the kitchen,
that stopped working a few days ago. Looking around, and in consideration
of the square hole the existing fan will leave when replaced, I am
thinking of replacing it with the Airflow QuietAir QT150B.
1) is it safe / ok to replace with a bigger fan, or do i have to stick
with a 100mm fan as a replacement?

2) Read in the forums about centrifugal etc. I know the Loovent is
centrifugal, but the QuietAir is "axial high efficiency impeller" (from
the description). Do i stick with another cntrifugal model, or can i
switch to this axial one?

It is a residential kitchen measuring 3m x 2.2m x 2.2m. Also, considering
the fan models mentioned above, if you have suggestions and why I'm more
than happy to hear them.

Thanks!

--
For full context, visit