Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Rolls Royce on track to deliver SMR

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 09:10:10 -0800 (PST), John Walliker
wrote:

snip Spuke puke

Well, the betas are probably more dangerous as they will mostly be
absorbed whereas the gammas will mostly pass straight through the
body without interacting.

Quite.

But since when has Spuke ever bothered with the facts over trying to
get one in against me (I feel sorry for him having me as the centre
of his life). ;-(

It must be very confusing living in a world of grey when you can only
think in black and white.

I'm not talking about (naturally occurring) radiation, I'm talking
about using it to generate power and the risks that can expose.

I haven't said that I don't want nuclear power or that the
alternatives can't have / cause their own issues, but common sense
would suggest we consider all other energy sources and focus on the
greenest / safest of them.

There is little point relying on nuclear energy when the world
population is being forced to live in the areas it hasn't polluted for
a good few years.

When a windmill falls in the farm, do people 2000 miles away have to
suffer the consequences?

Cheers, T i m