Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Icemaker ...

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 07:43:35 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Monday, February 22, 2021 at 8:27:42 PM UTC-5, Snag wrote:
On 2/22/2021 5:59 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Monday, February 22, 2021 at 5:11:43 PM UTC-6, Snag wrote:
The unit is the built-in ice-through-the-door unit in a GE side by
side . The problem is ice chunks from water seeping in OR the ice mold
overfilling . The big hunks break the plastic auger and make ice
delivery unreliable .
I replaced that water valve unit a year or so back and the problem
existed before that - the auger was already broken . So I'm thinking
that the ice mold is overfilling , not by much but just maybe a few
drops per cycle . Oh OK , easy fix he thinks , but NO ! I can't find any
means to adjust the fill amount like the older units had . Just pop the
cover off and twist a screw , but this one is made different .
Refr model is GSH25SGRE SS , icemaker unit WRX30X10093
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.

Actually there are no adjustment videos , just replacements . I might
pull it out just to check it out more thoroughly .
--

How do these things typically control the fill amount? Just by time?
Then you'd think they would need a pressure regulator so that a unit

I can't say about any other brand but Whirlpool (Kenmore, Amana etc)
simply use time. There is a contact in the head (the brown plastic
end) It makes as the timer gear goes through the harvest, refill
cycle. There is a screw sticking out that moves the contact to change
the closed time. Part of the initial setup is to adjust it for your
water pressure. There is no pressure regulator, just a solenoid valve.