Posted to uk.d-i-y
William McNicol[_2_] William McNicol[_2_] is offline

Default Wanted - a way to get a cable through a hidden stud

On Tuesday, 23 February 2021 at 17:48:06 UTC, Chris Green wrote:
I know it's a tall order but still I may as well ask...

Is there any clever way of getting a cable through a hidden stud
behind plasterboard? I want to feed a lamp from a switch mounted on
an internal dry-lined wall but unfortunately there's one piece of
timber between the switch and the light.

It's a very low current requirement, 3.5 watts at 240 volts so
something like 15mA.

--
Chris Green
ยท