Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Daily Covid data

On 23/02/2021 17:57, Michael Chare wrote:
I am often being told on radio and TV that the number of Covid related
deaths and IIRC hospital admissions is reducing. But no one mentions
that the daily number of people tested positive for Covid is leveling
off at higher level than last April.

Last April they were only testing people who were admitted to hospital
*and* had one of the two approved symptoms of Covid. ie. fever, cough.

Why might this be?

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/cases

It isn't levelling off as such it is just that the daily decrease is on
average only about 5% lower and with a significant weekend bias.

They are still roughly on target to be below 1000 cases/day by the end
of March provided that the big bang school restart doesn't screw it up.

I view that as a potentially serious mistake. Primary schools are
unlikely to cause much additional community transmission but secondary
schools are very different and may well be troublesome.

It will be interesting to see if Scotland makes a better fist of it.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown