Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default OT: Rolls Royce on track to deliver SMR

On 23/02/2021 10:30, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 09:57:55 +0000, alan_m
wrote:

On 19/02/2021 12:59, T i m wrote:

Except reactors 'built to generate electricity' *have* gone wrong or
been broken and have spewed very long living pollution across the
world.

But don't you have to balance this with risk from the deaths that are
caused by, not climate warming, nor climate change or climate crisis but
from climate catastrophe as I listened to it being described on the
radio the other day?

When comparing overall deaths from all energy sources as we have
witnessed so far, yes, but not when just comparing the 'risk' aspect
of all the energy generation sources, the ease / ability to clean up
any mess and how far reaching any damage might reach.

Like, a collapsing dam could kill many but the damage / loss death
will be local and short lasting (as in 'ongoing damage').

Oh, so these 260,000 deaths are local and quick, so that doesn't matter
then?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_Banqiao_Dam_failure