Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Vaccine queue. Together we can beat this

In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 12:21:04 +0000, alan_m wrote:

On 22/02/2021 11:52, Jethro_uk wrote:

I bet this is some Yank ****e that is hardcoded with imperial into the
guts and some clunky "code whizz" layer to deal with the Metric bits.

Any why would you use cm rather than metres as the entry?

Because you are a Yank app whizz kid who think they understand metric ?

I've never understood why so many use cm. Metres and mm do well enough
here, without complicating matters.

One reason may be that centimetres are the standard for clothing across
Europe. Another reason might be that the NHS uses meters and
centimetres for height. A third may be that most people don't GAF about
the practice in some communities of deprecating prefixes for powers of
10 not divisible by 3 - most people whom IME /don't/ deprecate their use
outside of their professional settings. And patently the EU
institutions don't GAF as EU directives and regulations use centimetres,
centilitres, decimetres etc

--
Robin