Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default Vaccine queue. Together we can beat this

In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 11:18:44 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Adrian Caspersz wrote:

michael adams wrote:

How can he get the vaccine now?

Is he a member of a union?

The teachers' unions don't seem to have been successful in
queue-jumping.

I'd say pressure from any body is likely to take longer to be assessed
than just waiting in the queue. I wouldn't be surprised if all adults
have at least their first jab ahead of schedule, given it isn't
actually organised by the government in many cases.

I've started seeing quite a few posts from people in their 30s who are
being invited for a jab, and they are worried it's mistake.

It's not impossible the entire process could grind to a halt as staff
spend more time dealing with the worried well fretting over "jumping the
queue" than actually giving ****ing jabs.

Luckily. the 'government' admin side seems well removed from those doing
the oily bits.

My GP organized my jab some 7 weeks ago, as a cooperation between several
local surgeries. Very efficiently done. A couple of weeks ago got a text
from the NHS offering me a jab at the local hospital. Was almost tempted
to accept - as my second one.

Which would have been awkward if they were using a different vaccine.

And from my experience, once you are at the centre they have no idea
why. So if you are invited, just ****ing go. Do us all a favour.

Quite. Better than accepting then not turning up. Which seems to have
happened far too much. And could result in the Phizer vaccine being wasted.

Bloody tories again.