Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Dissolving olive oil

On 22 Feb 2021 at 08:31:57 GMT, "The Natural Philosopher"
wrote:

On 21/02/2021 17:29, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The Natural Philosopher expressed precisely :
mechanical abrasion

NOTHING dissolves *really* burnt fat

It seems to have a black coating, maybe supposed to none-stick, so
mechanical abrasion would wreck that.

Now you understand why I never buy 'non stick' items
They don't work and cannot be cleaned

I've seen this comment a few times. IME, they do work, and can be cleaned very
easily with a wipe of a damp cloth.

Cheap non-stick, the surface flakes off quite easily. Not sure why.

My better pans (Tefal) are 10 years + and still 'work' and the coating looks
intact, although I only occasionally put them in the dishwasher, and don't use
metal utensils with them (just silicone or wood).

Of the non-sticks, the stainless steel frying pan is very difficult to fry
with and avoid sticking/burning. A small Le Crueset frying pan can be
persuaded to cook non-stick, but it's hit and miss for me - I don't always
remember the required incantations.

--
Cheers, Rob