Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default Can Lg Washer drain go up into the ceiling and over to sewer pipe ?

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 13:37:30 -0500, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

On 2/21/2021 1:24 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 20 Feb 2021 17:04:02 -0800, Bob F
wrote:

On 2/20/2021 12:19 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 20 Feb 2021 18:30:58 +0000, Trainkarr
wrote:

My son moved into a house with overhead drain in the basement about 10 months ago. The line is just under 8? from the floor with a brass check valve at about 4? high. His 27 year old Kenmore has been working fine with it for that time. It does have a P-trap in the line where it connects to the main feeder.

This post is not a question.

What is the question? Because of thread drift, one cannot at all
assume the question is the subject line.

Assuming the subject might be the question:

I've mentioned in the past that the stream next to my house backs up
into the laundry sink when it rains the right way, so I have to keep it
plugged except when using the washing machine The 3 houses next to me
have the same problem. When my next door n'bor wanted to put a bathroom
in his basement, there is already (a light and) a drain under the
cement, but for some reason I looked into upwardly pumping toilets and
found that most washign machines also could go up 8 feet (and probably
8.5 feet.) His 27 year old kenmore does. So maybe he should write to LG
and ask them if 8 feet is the limit or what?

Simple solution is to put in a laundry tub and one of these. Takes
strain off the washer and you get the handy tub .

https://tinyurl.com/1sgwk781

https://tinyurl.com/e2dez4ei

+many

--