Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop
Jimmy Stewart ... Jimmy Stewart ... is offline

Default OT: Organ donation should be compulsory, not just "opt out"

That would make sense if they did the same with cars.Â* Insurance is a
scam and should be got rid of.Â* In the UK, if you crash into me and
everyone agrees it's your fault, your premium will go up about £130 a
year, but mine will go up by almost the same, £110.Â* So what was the
point in the insurance?Â* It didn't protect me from your careless
driving!Â* A better way would simply be if you crash, pay for your own
damage.Â* If you're a safe driver, you'll be able to avoid the careless
ones.Â* If you have a more expensive car that costs more to repair, you
can afford it.

well said