Posted to uk.d-i-y
mm0fmf[_2_] mm0fmf[_2_] is offline

Default Vaccine queue. Together we can beat this

On 21/02/2021 14:22, soup wrote:
On 21/02/2021 13:01, Tricky Dicky wrote:
On Sunday, 21 February 2021 at 12:35:36 UTC, michael adams wrote:
My son is a key worker but has been refused the vaccine until later this
year.

How can he get the vaccine now? For the sake of all those who depend on
him. Useful links appreciated.

The term key worker has been expanded to cover a whole host of
professions from medical staff/ Care workers to teachers, firemen,
police, bin persons, cleaners etc. However at present only medical
staff and care workers have been vaccinated and all other key
workers simply have to wait there turn based on their age. If your
son falls into the category of medical staff or care worker he should
have already been offered the vaccine, if not then he should pursue
the issue.

Around here (Balerno: outskirts of Edinburgh, Scotland) even the chaps
digging the road up (I believe for Vodafone) have 'Hi-Viz vests' on,
with "KEY WORKER" emblazoned on them.
*Has the term become so overused it is now meaningless?

The guy in my local cobbler's emporium branch has a badge saying "Key
Worker".