Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default Dissolving olive oil

On Sunday, 21 February 2021 at 15:32:59 UTC, S Viemeister wrote:
On 21/02/2021 15:12, Fredxx wrote:
On 21/02/2021 15:04, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Fredxx was thinking very hard :
I find a few washes in the dish washer tends to emulsify any caked on
oil, but I presume that isn't an option?

It is an option, its just the basket caked with oil.

I have put a fat fryer basket on the stove before now but beware of the
very large volumes of smoke!

Seriously, I often put fat fryer components in the dishwasher and while
it doesn't remove the scum, it softens it and makes mechanical removal
so much easier.

Yes, dishwasher, followed by scrubbing with a stiff-bristled brush.

If it is just the basket then the dishwasher should do it. Failing that as Andy above said caustic oven cleaner. Swambo uses one to clean all the chrome oven racks. She coats the racks and then puts them in a supplied plastic bag sealed overnight, they come out spotless the following morning.

Richard