CBHVAC

Default Goodman Furnaces: Any opinions?

"American Mechanical" wrote in message
om...

"CBHVAC" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
What's a stack sequencer?

A piece of ****...you want the truth..
Its a way to make a relay, out of crap.

Basically, nothing but a bi-metal strip that heats up when 24VAC is

passed
over it, and it snaps up and a small plastic pin pushes up another

bi-metal
strip, and it closes one leg of a 220VAC circuit...
They fail on Goodmans so often that they dont even require that under
warranty we return the bad ones..they just hand us another one...most of

the
time, all they want to know is, Is it Under Warranty?
Yes, or no...

Yep, they're crap alright. The theory isn't all bad and they are used on
many electric heat packages, it's the quality of the part used. It's
advantage is the delay on and delay off caused by the heating of the
bi-metal. That being said, it appears that Goodman has a company that
supplies their sequencers that uses the employees that were fired from
Taiwan toy manufacturers for poor workmanship.....

- Robert

The ones that are so bad, believe it or not, are Texas Instruments branded.
The newones, are not much better, but they are a bit better. When in a real
bind, or I have one that seems to eat them, I replace it with either a
universal ICB, or a Coleman SS. Works fine..