Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Oil fuel woes

On 20/02/2021 15:33, Andrew wrote:
On 20/02/2021 13:35, John J wrote:
Farm owner said he'd never had a boiler repair by bicycle pump before.
Oh and the bees were flying in and out of the hives.

But the crap that you blew back into the tank could cause
another blockage. Biodiesel is causing a lot of grief to some farmers
because it is blocking filters with ??algae. Is heating oil having
anything added to it ?.

Must be serious, even Scottish farmers are affected, and we know
how cold it is up there

https://www.thescottishfarmer.co.uk/...-fuel-filters/

I think this could be a good call, especially if a tank of fuel lasts a
long time. It's an issue for standby diesels on nuclear power stations
which normally only run for half an hour a week, but which have to hold
enough fuel for a week. Last I heard they were getting fresh supplies
every six months and having to pay to have the old fuel taken away.